Commercial Legionella Risk Assessment: An Overview
A commercial legionella risk assessment, or a Commercial LRA for short, is an assessment of whether your water is safe to use and drink at your commercial property or whether your premises is showing indications of the potentially fatal bacteria, legionella, being present in your water.
To make a thorough check and get accurate results you are best to hire a fully trained legionella risk assessor who will make all of the necessary checks and assessments on all of the water sources within and around your commercial premises that are used.
What is involved in a Commercial Legionella Risk Assessment?
THE PROCEDURES INVOLVED IN A COMMERCIAL LRA ARE SLIGHTLY MORE THOROUGH THAN DOMESTIC LRAS
In our Legionella Risk Assessment for commercial properties, all water sources within and around your commercial property that you use will be checked and assessed. Our legionella risk assessment will include the following:
- Checking all water of your sources (water outlets, water heaters and any additional pipework within and around your property) assessing for any potential hazards and if there are some indications of hazards how likely it is that there will be potentially lethal legionella bacteria present.
- Assessing who at the property is most at risk from these potentially fatal hazards.
- Water Temperature assessments, legionella won’t be able to grow and thrive in water 50º and higher, it will not grow and thrive above 60º
- Confirming if there are any signs of Legionella currently in the water system.
- Putting together the required health and safety measurements to manage and minimise the chance of Legionella bacterium growing and spreading throughout your commercial property.
- Report the evidence found whilst carrying out the assessment and producing a Commerical Legionella Risk Assessment Audit to you later that day.
What is the cost of a Commerical Legionella Risk Assessment?
The cost of a legionella risk assessment on a commercial property varies depending on multiple factors such as the size of the property that need to be examined and assessed. The range of the cost for a commercial LRA is normally from around £200 up to £3000. A commercial legionella risk assessment from LegionellaRiskandPat.com start from just £79 which makes them some of the most competitive prices on the British market.
Factors that can determine the cost of a Commercial LRA
MANY VARYING FACTORS CAN DETERMINE THE COST OF A COMMERCIAL LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENT
The price it will cost you for a Commercial Legionella Risk Assessment will vary depending on multiple different factors such as the following:
- The location of your Commercial property
- The size of your Commercial Building
- How complex your water system is at your commercial premises
- If you have multiple commercial buildings in the same or at different locations that need examined and assessed (here at LegionellaRiskandPat.com we can offer discounts specifically for volume bookings)
All of these above factors can have an effect on the cost of a Commercial LRA.
How often should you assess your commercial property?
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT BUSINESSES CONDUCT A COMMERCIAL LRA ANNUALLY
Even though it is not completely essential, it is strongly advised that you should conduct a Commercial Legionella Risk assessment at least annually depending on your type of business to keep the risk of Legionnaires’ Disease and other potential hazards caused by bad water hygiene and management to a bare minimum.
Business owners should also consider organizing and conducting a Commercial LRA as soon as one of the following changes occur:
- A report of an outbreak of Legionnaires’ Disease in your business’s area.
- If the water system in the commercial property/building has been changed, even if you share a building you should conduct one to cover your own business or ask the landlord to organize one.
- If the water system within the commercial premises has been shifted to a different part of the property.
- If the use of the location where your water system is within the building has changed.
Commercial LRAs for businesses with multiple properties
IT CAN SOMETIMES BE DIFFICULT FOR BUSINESSES WITH MULTIPLE COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES TO ORGANISE LRAS
Some larger businesses normally have a bigger and more complex water system than your average domestic and residential premises, down to them being in larger buildings and having more commercial use, these business premises are at a much higher risk of legionella bacteria being present in their water systems and must be monitored and managed on a more regular basis.
If your business does have multiple locations and therefore multiple commercial properties, each building must be legionella risk assessed and examined individually. A lot of business owners don’t normally have the time to sit down and organise or even conduct multiple commercial LRAs every year. That’s where LegionellaRiskandPat.com come in.
We can offer an easy fix to this problem, hiring a water hygiene expert such as us to conduct all the different premises’ commercial legionella risk assessments and put together a schedule with the business owners or personnel in charge of the building to return to the properties, for example, the same time yearly, to make sure you are always within compliance and within the health and safety guidelines, this means you can be at ease knowing your commercial properties, your employees and most importantly your customers, are being protected from bad water hygiene whilst using or conducting business within your property.
Finding a Commercial LRA service provider
Finding a trustworthy and fully trained commercial legionella risk assessor can be very difficult these days. LegionellaRiskandPat.com offers a fully compliant and comprehensive commercial LRA service throughout the whole of Scotland in both Domestic and Commercial properties.
We take glory in making sure that we use the most reliable and up to date legionella risk assessing equipment and technology to get the most accurate results from our assessments to protect the health and safety of everyone who uses the water within and around the commercial property both as a worker or a customer. We also guarantee a very quick turnaround for records and paperwork, giving you your legionella risk assessment results, in your very own audit report, back later the same day.
If you have any questions about Legionella Risk Assessments or would like to learn more about our other services such as PAT Testing or even if you would like to book an appointment for a commercial LRA, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’d love to hear from you!