NO.1 LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENT AND PAT TESTING EXPERTS
FULLY COMPLIANT AND COMPREHENSIVE
HOW OUR RISK
Book the service you require, whether you need a Legionella Risk Assessment, Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) or both, online here. Your payment can be made before or after we have carried out your risk assessments.
Once your appointment has been arranged, our expert assessor will visit your property and carry out your required inspections and assessments. Once the assessment of your property is complete and your payment has been cleared, you will receive your fully finalized and compliant Legionella Risk Assessment and/or Portable Appliance Testing Report on the same day.
Legionella is the bacteria that causes Legionnaires’ Disease which is a serious type of pneumonia that can be fatal in 1 in 3 cases. You can get Legionnaires’ Disease by Inhaling small droplets of water in the air that contain the Legionella Bacteria.
The Disease got its name due to the first outbreak infecting an American legion convention in the 1970s. Out of the 2000 attendees, 182 people were infected and 29 people died from the disease.
What are the Symptoms of Legionnaires Disease?
- Muscle Aches
- Breathing Difficulties
- Chest Pain
- Green Coloured Phlegm
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN A
LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENT?
In a Legionella Risk Assessment, all water sources at your property will be checked.
- Checking all water sources (water outlets, water heaters and pipe work in your property) testing for potential dangers and if so how risky the situation is.
- If anyone, who is at risk from these dangers.
- Water Temperature Checks
- Identifying if there is any Legionella bacteria present in the water system.
- Setting up the necessary safety measurements to control and minimise the threat of Legionella bacteria spreading in your property.
- Documenting the evidence found whilst doing the assessment and presenting you with your Legionella Risk Assessment Report on the same day.
Each and every one of our assessments will be carried out by a Water Hygiene professional at a time which suits you. Our assessments will take around 30 minutes depending on the size of your premises.
At the end of your assessment you will receive a fully completed and compliant Legionella Risk Assessment Report demonstrating your compliance with the new legislation.
Even though it is not completely necessary, it is advised that you carry out a Legionella Risk assessment every 12 months to keep the risk of Legionnaires’ Disease and other water hygiene hazards at a minimum.
You should also consider carrying out a Legionella Risk Assessment immediately if the following changes occur:
- If there has been a reported outbreak of Legionnaires’ Disease in your area.
- If there has been a change of water system in your property/building.
- If the water system in your building has been moved to a different location.
- If the purpose of the location where your water system is based has changed.
A legionella Risk Assessment can cost anywhere from £130 to £2000 depending on factors such as if it is a Domestic or Commercial property and also the size of the premises. Starting at £55 our prices are some of the most competitive on the market!
ARE YOU AT RISK
OF LEGIONELLA BACTERIA?
Legionella Risk Levels
- Swimming Pools, Hot tubs, Spas.
- Premises Inhabited by Vulnerable Groups such as Care Homes and Hospitals.
- Cooling Towers.
- Properties with Complicated Water Systems.
- Properties that have been vacant for a period of time.
These types of premises and water systems should be monitoring their water systems more regularly than others with shared places such as swimming pools being advised to carry out a Legionella Risk Assessment every 3 months.
- Large populated properties and workplaces such as factories, hotels, office buildings and airports.
- Hot and Cold water systems
- Processed water systems.
- Remote Areas where there is less chance of Legionella Bacteria Spreading.
- Property with little to no water.
- Buildings with less complicated water systems.
ARE LANDLORDS LEGALLY OBLIGATED
TO HAVE A LRA CARRIED OUT?
Whilst Landlords are not legally obligated to carry out a Legionella Risk Assessment, they do have a legal duty of care to shield the health and safety of their tenants, one of the ways they do this is by making sure the water in the rented property is safe enough to use as well as drink.
The UK Health and Safety laws state that landlords are legally obligated to contemplate the potential legionella risk within their premises.
Even though there is no official Legionella test certificate, landlords must prove they have highlighted and assessed all potential risks at their properties.
A Legionella risk assessment is the most accurate method of doing so.
Landlords should also carry out a Legionella Risk Assessment every time a new tenant moves into their property.
If Your Rented Property
has been Vacant
If you are a Landlord and your property has been vacant for a long period of time, for example of you rent to students and your property is empty during the months they are out of school, you should always drain the water system before new tenants move in and book a Legionella Risk Assessment for your property as Legionella Bacteria can build up in stagnant water that has not been run in many months.
Our Domestic Legionella Risk Assessment and PAT Testing services start from only £55.00. If you own multiple properties we also have discounted prices available for volume bookings.
LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENT
FOR PROPERTY AGENCIES
Here at Legionella Risk and PAT we work alongside many agents to produce high quality Legionella Risk Assessments and PAT Testing. We can arrange appointments with tenants and collect keys if needed.
We can assist you in Assessing multiple properties you manage all over Scotland, keeping you in compliance with all the Health and Safety Regulations and keeping your clients and their tenants safe from bad water hygiene and faulty electrical equipment.
We also offer fantastic discounts for Legionella Risk Assessment and PAT Testing services for Property Agencies who order in volume.
You will receive a first class service and our report is professional and comprehensive. The inspection is quick and easy and will not only keep tenants safe but will demonstrate your compliance with the legislation for legionnaires disease prevention.